Τετάρτη 4 Μαρτίου 2009

dean and britta!

It is always so fascinating to get back home after a short holiday trip, and -upon opening the mailbox- to find a package that means a lot. In fact, I hurried to open my mailbox, before caring to open my apartment’s door. I know, I know: This is the anxiety of a little child, when the child receives a present! And the little child opens the present. And the present is... wow! A package from Dean & Britta, sent by Britta herself. And the package contains two items of desire:
The re-release with extras of ‘L’Avventura’, Dean & Britta’s narcotic/dream/psychedelic pop achievement, a record of the finest guitar ambient, that originally hit the shelves back in 2003. If my memory serves me well... And the Sand Pebbles. The Sand Pebbles are the first signing to Dean & Britta’s new record label, Double Feature.

Hate to have to leave you, friends and neighbors. It is late, and I need some sleep, because I caught a cold. But we will soon meet on the radio. Enjoying these records.

John

You can buy both albums from the webstore at: www.deanandbritta.com/shop.htm

And you can read more about the couple, here: www.diamonds958fm.net/2007/04/dean-britta-exclusive-interview.html